Tuesday, August 4, 2015

36 weeks

Baby Updates
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce). He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her first bowel movement.

Weight Gained
I’m going to guess about 35

Symptoms
Heartburn is still brutal, I’ve been feeling extra heavy and still have some swelling in my legs/ankles. I wore heals at work yesterday and I’m not sure what I was thinking, those are going away for the rest of this pregnancy.  

Food Aversions
Chicken is still not my thing, not gag worthy but I never crave it.

Food Cravings
Nothing in particular although I really want pizza tonight. That’s nothing new though.

Sleep
Sleep has been so much better, I’m almost scared to type that since it’s been such a horrible couple of months. I just hope it continues.

Looking Forward To…
I have just a little over a week left at work, I’m looking forward to wrapping all of my work projects up and starting my leave. I’m going to get my hair and nails done next week and get the house ready.

Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases?
My sweet best friend hosted a baby sprinkle for me last weekend and I got some amazing gifts. Also, my amazing co-workers surprised me with a shower at work and so many sweet presents. I'm overwhelmed with everyone's generosity
I purchased lots of little things that I didn’t want to forget this past week like nursing pads, bottle brushes, milk bags etc.

Few shots from my baby sprinkle... 




Belly Button In Or Out?
Flat

Feeling…
I’m trying to remain calm as possible but I have a million things going on in my head. Between wrapping up at work, to planning Audrina’s 3rd birthday party which happens to be a few days before I have the baby. Also, my sister, brother-in-law and niece are flying in right before I have the baby so we have a lot going on.

Any Movement?
He’s moving all of the time, I love that Derek gets to feel his big movements in the evening when we are relaxing. 



 36 weeks with Audrina

No comments:

Post a Comment