Friday, April 10, 2015

20 Weeks

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Size of baby: Banana

Total weight gain: 15, yikes!


Movement: Yes and I love every second of it!

Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock 

What I miss: I'm not missing much, I'm in a sweet spot of my pregnancy right now and everything is GREAT! Of course I would love a glass of wine but I don't miss it too much.

Cravings: Anything from Starbucks. I have a horrible addiction to caramel frappuccino lights. I'm digging more salty things than sweet these days. The other day I had a bacon burger with avocado and onion rings on the side that rocked my world. No wonder I've gained 15 pounds. :)

Labor Signs: N/A

Maternity clothes: I try and buy one new thing every week or so and buy things that will work after my pregnancy too. 

Best moments this week: This week I had my big anatomy scan! I was super nervous but everything looks great and IT'S A BOY!! Boy did this shock me, I was convinced the last 5 months that it was going to be a girl. So far my pregnancy has been close to identical and the baby's heart rate has always been high, 155+. I was bummed that during the ultrasound he was curled up so we didn't get any cute profile pictures. We are sooo excited, this really makes our family complete. Now we are on to thinking about boy names. We had a girl name picked out but can't seem to nail a boy name down. 



20 weeks pregnant with Audrina 


No comments:

Post a Comment