Tuesday, March 31, 2015

18 Weeks

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long, and he weighs almost 7 ounces (about the size of a bell pepper). He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

I'm in the 'honeymoon' stage of my pregnancy right now. I'm loving being pregnant and feel really great most days. I've started thinking more about the nursery and can't wait to know the sex so I can really start planning. 

Size of baby: Bell Pepper

Total weight gain: Not sure, I will know next week. 


Movement: YES! I'm get so excited when I feel those little movements and kicks. I notice it the most when I'm working quietly at my desk. 

Sleep: Still sleeping like a rock!

What I miss: I miss feeling comfortable in my pants. I feel like my bump isn't 'cute' yet, I can't wait until my belly is a little bigger.

Cravings: Random, but just about anything with ketchup. I also have been loving sweet potato fries. Even Derek commented the other night about how often we've been eating them. 

Labor Signs: N/A

Maternity clothes: A few new things, I just took advantage of Gap's 40% off sale and scored some things that were already on sale, score. 

Best moments this week: Audrina has been so sweet lately, I truly treasure every minute we have together. Of course we have our good and bad days but she's at such a fun stage and talking non stop. 



18 weeks with Audrina 

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! This is definitely the sweet spot of pregnancy! Enjoy every kick, mama!

    ReplyDelete