Friday, August 17, 2012

38 + 39 Weeks

Week 38 just came and went, it was a whirlwind.  My last day at work was a week ago and I’ve been busy at home getting ready for Audrina.  I can’t believe she is going to be here any day now! I had my appointment on Wednesday and was frustrated to hear that I’m still zero cm dilated. I swear this girl doesn’t want to come out.  I’ve been trying to walk around, eat spicy food, drink raspberry tea and none of that seems to be helping. I guess she will come when she’s ready. 

(38 weeks) According to BabyCenter.com, Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)

(39 weeks) According to BabyCenter.com, Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
How far along? 38 + 39 Weeks
Total weight gain: Approx. 37 Pounds
Maternity clothes? Oh yes, all maternity.
Stretch marks? No…knock on wood!
Sleep: We are having a heat wave in Seattle right now and that makes me feel like a big beached whale that can’t move around much. My sleep hasn’t been horrible, I’
Best moment this week: Finishing last minute touches on the nursery and the house.  Everything is clean & dusted, my bags are packed, laundry is done…now let’s go!  

Miss Anything? Just enjoying the last bit of feeling her in my belly and being pregnant, it’s pretty amazing.
Movement: Not as much movement, I think she is running out of room in there.

Food cravings: No real cravings, this heat makes me not want to eat.  I did buy a bag of peanut m&m’s that hit the spot.
Anything making you queasy or sick: meat…will I ever like meat again?
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: Some false alarms here and there but nothing really.
Symptoms: Still have some heartburn and just feeling HUGE. I Can’t wait to get back in shape. Oh, and my shoes no longer fit.
Belly Button in or out? Still in…
Wedding rings on or off? Off most of the time

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Seeing my sister and family on Sunday and meeting my little princess!

4 comments:

  1. You look totally amazing! I know the end is hard, but you are so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! I'm wondering how late she will be? I'm ready to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great!! Hang in there... she will be here before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your baby post! I know that little girl is here by now!

    ReplyDelete