Monday, July 9, 2012

33 Weeks

Little late on this post…The 4th of July messed my week up.
I can’t believe that in just 21 days, Baby A will be full term and that in 42 days her due date will be here! Seriously, where is time going? I’m keeping my fingers crossed time continues to fly by until she is here!

How Big is Baby?
According to thebump.com,
Baby’s senses are continuing to improve — when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.

According to babycenter.com,
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He’s rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren’t fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don’t entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

According to babiesonline.com,
By now, you have all the amniotic fluid you are going to have and the amount will remain consistent until delivery. Your baby’s brain continues to grow, and increase the size of his head. Your baby continues to develop fat deposits under the skin, which can alter skin color. If you’re having a boy his testicles have moved from their location near the kidneys through the groin to the scrotum. If you are having a girl, her clitoris is relatively prominent. Your baby is approximately 17.5 inches long and weighs a little over four pounds now.


How far along? 33 Weeks
Total weight gain: Approx. 33 Pounds
Maternity clothes?
Maternity & comfy clothes... jeans are officially out of the picture
Stretch marks? No
Sleep:
Sleep is still good but I always wake up exhausted and wishing I was on maternity leave already
Best moment this week: Celebrating Derek’s birthday, I love that man!

Miss Anything?
My old wardrobe
Movement:
She moves all day long, I love it!

Food cravings: Not much I’ve been craving. I’m having the opposite issue and nothing sounds good.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still chicken
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs:
No ..but holyshit ..so crazy to think this could be any day now?! I wonder if I'll be one of those people who's water breaks while I'm lurking around Target.
Symptoms:
heartburn & lack of mobility - otherwise honestly feeling great
Belly Button in or out? Still in…
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!
Looking forward to:
Baby's arrival!! It's all I can think about.. baby brain is no joke. And neither is nesting.. I literally have never cleaned & organized so much in my entire life. Who knew that folding baby socks & clothes could blow a night on the town out of the water?! :)


Nursery Progress!  We still need to buy leafs on the scary looking tree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment