Friday, June 29, 2012

32 Weeks

According to babycenter.com, By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You’re gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she’ll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

According to babiesonline.com,
Your baby sleeps approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day now. Her skin has become thicker and he continues to become more of a pinkish color. Your baby’s movements will peak this week. From now on they will change in quantity and quality. Most of the wrinkles are disappearing from your baby’s face, and there may be a lot of hair on his head. The weight gain has been fairly incredible recently. Your baby is now almost 4 pounds and is 17 inches long.

How far along? 32 Weeks
Total weight gain: 32 Pounds ~ Crazy how many people dare to ask how much weight you’ve gained.  I think I’ve had at least 5 people ask me and it always catches me off guard.
Maternity clothes? Yes. Starting to feel like ten pounds of shit in a five pound bag.
Stretch marks? Nope! I had a Dr. Appointment this week and my Dr. said ‘no marks, nice job’ that was awesome to hear! I had some stretch marks on my hips before I got pregnant so those don't count. ;)
Sleep:
Sleep is still good, but still having intense dreams/nightmares.
Best moment this week: Feeling baby girl hiccup last night for the first time.  Of course Derek wasn’t home to see it.  

Miss Anything?
Breathing normally and being able to curl up in a ball on the couch. oh the things we take for granted!
Movement: Lots and lots of movement, basically all day/night.  Last night every time I poked my belly she kicked back.  I know I will miss this feeling so much!
Food cravings: This week it was fish and meatballs (not together lol)…which I happily fulfilled
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not much, I can’t cook chicken and eat it…so weird. I still cook it for Derek.  
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: No but I am getting some braxton hicks
Symptoms:
MAJOR Heartburn, swelling in my calves and I got the worst rib pain yesterday.  Thankfully the rib pain went away.
Belly Button in or out? Still in…wonder if it will pop out?
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time:
HAPPY!
Looking forward to: My baby shower tomorrow!! My best friend is graciously hosting my shower and I can’t wait! I will post pictures next week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at your baby shower!! I wonder why people ask you how much weight you've gained, I don't know how I would feel if people asked me that if I were pregnant lol

    ReplyDelete