Thursday, June 21, 2012

31 Weeks

According to BabyCenter.com,
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn his head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She’s probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby’s kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

According to BabiesOnline.com,
Your baby will gain weight faster than she’ll increase in length. By now the baby’s lungs and digestive tract are nearly mature. Your baby’s irises can now dilate and contract in response to light. Due to the deposits of white fat underneath the skin your baby’s skin is no longer red, but is now the wonderful newborn pink color. Her fingernails may reach the end of the hands, too. Your baby is now a little over 3 pounds and is 16 inches long.(Picture supplied by 3D Sono Image)

You may worry if you are breathless from walking or sometimes even just sitting that your baby is in danger. This is not true. Your baby is getting plenty of oxygen from your placenta.

How far along? 31 Weeks
Total weight gain: 30-31 pounds yikes
Maternity clothes? All maternity right now, I wouldn’t dare try to squeeze into my normal clothes.
Stretch marks? Nothing new here
Sleep:
Sleep is still good although I’ve been having some pretty intense nightmares. I usually wake up about two times to use the potty.  
Best moment this week: Getting maternity pictures taken with my hubby. I’m so glad I will have these pictures to cherish the rest of my life.

Miss Anything?
Everything - I am officially at the "uncomfortable" stage, out of breath often & I am really missing being able to put on socks/shoes without huffing & puffing. I haven’t felt like a huge whale until this week. I think part of it is that I’ve missed my workouts for the past week.  I plan to try and go back to the gym next week. I’ve still kept up with walks almost every night.
Movement:
More like shifting and kicking.  It’s fun to feel around my belly and actually feel her limbs from the outside.  I poked my belly last night and she poked me right back.  

Food cravings: Still craving sweets... holy sugar cookie binge eating this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick: not much although my appetite has disappeared this week
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: No but I am getting some braxton hicks
Symptoms:
MAJOR Heartburn, out of breath every now & then,  swelling in my calves after doing lots of walking & still some back pain here and there
Belly Button in or out? Still in…wonder if it will pop out?
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time:
HAPPY!
Looking forward to: finishing the nursery & organizing all of the adorable clothes... I love looking at all of them!! Need to get a dresser this weekend. Can't believe she will be here so very soon! :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love those pictures!! You look really good, I bet your so excited...9 more Weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm counting down the days haha. :) Her middle name is Elyse...pretty close to your name.

      Delete
    2. Oh I love the spelling! When I was younger I wanted to change my name to have a Y instead of an I...but luckily I grew out of that and love my name haha :)

      Delete
  2. Awh - what gorgeous pictures Irene!!

    ReplyDelete