Thursday, June 14, 2012

30 Weeks

I love that I’m in the 30s! Wahoo! Less than 9 weeks to go before our little peanut arrives! I’m all for having her early too, as long as she isn’t here before week 38! That would mean less than 7 weeks until she could potentially be here.
According the thebump.com,
As baby’s skin smoothes out, her brain just keeps getting more wrinkled. All those grooves and indentations increase surface area, meaning more room for that oh-so-essential brain tissue. She’s also adding some brawn — her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.

According to babycenter.com,
Your baby’s about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it’s not very keen; even after she’s born, she’ll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she’ll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

According to babiesonline.com,
Your baby’s permanent teeth have developed and are waiting in his gums. Your baby is very aware of his surroundings and his eyelids will open and close. He will even look around and turn toward light. We tend to think of the uterus as a dark place but the uterus actually can be light and dark depending on your environment. Your baby weighs almost three pounds now and is approximately 15.5 inches long.
You may be able to distinguish sleeping and waking cycles in your baby. Although it usually seems as if the baby wants to sleep while you are awake, and vice versa, this is not indicative of a sleepless newborn. Your baby can not only hear your voice, but can recognize it. Also, he has a grip so strong it is capable of gripping your finger. At this point, your baby may be practicing nursing as he sucks his thumb. He has lungs that are capable of breathing air, although medical help may be needed. About 9 out of 10 babies born now will survive.

How far along? 30 Weeks
Total weight gain: 30 lbs gained
Maternity clothes? All maternity besides workout and comfy clothes
Stretch marks? Doing well in this department
Sleep:
Still sleeping great
Best moment this week:
The nursery is now fully painted and ready for furniture, not to mention it looks amazing!!
Miss Anything? Working out hardcore, I hate to say it but I think I’m close to being done with the gym.  I thought I was going to die last night in spin class.  I’m going to continue to walk.

Movement: I am positive she was dancing away to the radio the other day. I love how Derek can feel her move every night when we are laying on the couch.
Food cravings: Cereal, honey grams to be specific. Also, I’ve been tempted to buy chocolate covered donuts at the store every time I see them but so far I’ve resisted.
Anything making you queasy or sick:
meat in general ...bleh!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms:
This week has been great, no big complaints besides feeling a little nauseous last night and this morning.
Belly Button in or out? Still flat
Wedding rings on or off? On this week, my swelling is doing better

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Our maternity pictures this weekend!! I’m still not certain on what to wear but I have a few outfits in mind.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe your 30 Weeks already! I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery and your maternity shoot. Have fun, you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was 30 lbs at 30 weeks, too. You carry it better! haha can't wait to see your pictures!

    -Presley

    ReplyDelete