Thursday, May 24, 2012

27 Weeks - Third Trimester!

But first… Happy third trimester to Baby Amundson! Everyone counts trimesters differently, but my sources say that the third tri starts at 27 weeks, so I’m going with it. So excited to be in the third trimester.
Here’s what 27 week-old babies are up to: “Baby’s lungs and immune system are maturing this week as baby prepares for his grand entrance. If he were born today he would have an 85 percent chance of surviving as his lungs are capable of breathing air (with medical assistance, of course). Other exciting developments: Baby’s done a lot of growing over the past few months. Her length has more than doubled in the past 15 weeks! And that’s not the only thing growing—baby’s brain tissue and neurons are all developing at a rapid pace. Her brain waves are now firing away just like those of a newborn baby. If baby is a he, his testes will have completely descended at this point. Your baby now weighs in at approximately 14½ inches and just over 2 pounds.” (Source) Grow, baby, grow!

How far along? 27 Weeks
Total weight gain: 27 lbs+ I think, I need to weight myself again. I’m a little scared at the number  I might see.
Maternity clothes? Ordered a couple tops from the Gap that were half off. I hope they fit!

Stretch marks? No changes
Sleep: Still sleeping great, sometimes I sleep so deep that I don't even wake up to pee! woohoo!!

Best moment this week: Spin class yesterday, it was the best workout that I’ve had in forever!

Miss Anything? Can’t think of anything I miss.  There has been some moments at work in the past week that make me want to stop by the store and pick up a bottle of wine to drink to myself.
Movement: All the time, still trying to figure out what big lumps are her head or her bum! :) I think she might have flipped because I feel kicks/jabs in my ribs now.

Food cravings: Still everything sweet! This week's lineup consisted of scones, cookies, muffins, milk duds, graham crackers with biscoff spread....which are dangerously addicting! I need to calm down, sure hope I pass my diabetes test.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I haven’t been able to eat much meat.  I don’t mind it as much if I don't have to cook or touch the raw meat.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn all day every day... tums helps & so does milk. Other than that, I still get hip pain and some minor back pain.  
Belly Button in or out? Flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time but some days my fingers are too swollen.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY!
Looking forward to: Memorial Day and a three day weekend!  We are heading out of town to see Jack White play in Eastern WA.  Easter WA is much warmer, I’m looking forward to some sunshine.


This is how I wear my hair when I'm lazy and don't want to get out of bed in the mornig. :)


2 comments:

  1. How the hell are you in the 3rd tri already?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy huh? And still no nursery lol but in the next few weeks we should be done.

    ReplyDelete