Thursday, May 17, 2012

26 Weeks...3 more months to go!

Week 26 – very exciting. Only one week to go until the third trimester!
Here’s what Baby Amundson is up to this week: “The network of nerves in your baby’s ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner’s as you chat with each other. She’s inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she’s born and takes that first gulp of air. And she’s continuing to put on baby fat. She now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel. If you’re having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.” (Source)

I had a little scare this week when I thought I was having contractions.  They felt like heavy menstrual cramps and scared the hell out of me. I called my Dr. and the nurse said I was most likely dehydrated and to drink a lot of water and relax. Well, I knew I wasn’t dehydrated because I drink water non-stop all day long.  About an hour later I called the Dr. back and insisted that I wanted to be seen…yes I was that pregnant lady.  I had no idea they would be doing an ultrasound to check my cervix, which was a nice surprise.  Everything looked GREAT.  Turns out that my contractions were braxton hicks.  The ultrasound tech surprised me with a 3D view of my baby girl, she look beautiful.  It brought tears to my eyes. She printed a picture for me to take home which was a bit frightening.  Her nose looked nothing like I saw in person, it was HUGE.  My husband took one look at the picture and asked what was wrong with her nose.  This of course made me panic thinking something was wrong with her nose. I used my friend Google and it’s discovered that 3D ultrasounds make your baby’s nose look distorted.  I’m sure she will have a perfect button nose.

 How far along? 26 Weeks
Total weight gain: 26 lbs+
Maternity clothes? Nothing new, just trying to squeeze into everything I have

Stretch marks? No changes
Sleep: Sleeping great, I do wake up with sore hips & shoulders from sleeping on my side

Best moment this week: My husband coming home from Alaska, he was only gone a few nights but I missed him like crazy. We aren’t the type of couple that needs time away from each other.
Miss Anything? A good solid run or a sweaty workout, I’m still working out but I struggle to make it through a workout most nights. Looking forward to getting in shape in the winter. :)
Movement: All the time, we are so entertained feeling her move around when we lay on the couch at night. Food cravings: Pancakes, cookie, sweets. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat in general.  It’s not making me sick but I just have no interest.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No – just Braxton hicks  

Symptoms: Pelvic pain is getting pretty uncomfortable these days.. Assuming that is only going to get way worse. Heartburn lingers ALL day long no matter what I eat... cereal & milk for breakfast? Boom! Heartburn. Fantastic.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? on - so surprised I don't have swollen fingers/toes yet. Although I have some real sausages to begin with, so I'm not sure how much worse they can get.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! Sometimes I feel like I might burst with happiness...sounds cheesy... but so true.
Looking forward to: As sad as this is, I’m looking forward to my husband making a dump run this weekend.  We have so much crap in our house that needs to go to make room for the baby.




1 comment: