Thursday, May 10, 2012

25 weeks and my results....finally!

After 10 LONG business days and two full weeks I finally got the call from my genetic counselor yesterday.  The first thing she said was, ‘good news, the test was negative’.  This scare has put a lot into prospective for me.  I would really love to volunteer and learn more about down syndrome. Thank you Josey for sharing this blog with me, http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html, which is a beautiful story.

Baby A is now 13.5 inches long and weighs about a pound and half. And she has HAIR. I am dying to know the hair color. Vocal cords are forming. Air sacs are developing in the lungs. And Baby has established regular sleeping and playing cycles, which I can anticipate. She wakes up in the morning, at lunch, and right before bedtime.  She wasn’t happy this morning when I woke up at 2AM to drive my hubby to the airport.  She was kicking me in the bladder the entire way.

The kicks come hard and fast all day long now. I can see my belly moving from the outside, too, which is a brand-new development.

I just have to say I love my job. I work with some amazing people who generously have given a lot of baby stuff and saved Derek and I $$.

How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain: 25 lbs
Maternity clothes? No new purchases.  My maternity top that I got at 12 weeks is now borderline tight.
Stretch marks? Possibly, but nothing super noticeable   
Sleep: Still sleeping great

Best moment this week: Getting the call from my genetic counselor that my Materniti21 test was negative. Also, just feeling overly excited/happy about everything right now & the reality that baby girl will be here in less than 100 days (unless I deliver way late..) Just trying to soak it all in!

Miss Anything? Can’t think of anything I miss right now, just loving being pregnant. 
Movement:
all the time, it's fun to see her moving from the outside
Food cravings: I was on a poptart kick this last week which is horrible. I need to keep that crap out of the house.  I love breakfast type foods and crave those the most….pancakes, egg sandwiches, potatoes ect.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I tried eating pizza for the first time in forever and I’m still not feeling it.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, but worst of all - HEARTBURN. I get it a few times a day from anything I eat. If the old wives tales are true, little girl will be born with as much hair as I currently have right now.
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time.
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY! I think now that I have my results I can finally relax.  All this stress I’ve been going through probably wasn’t the best for the baby.

Looking forward to: We got the nursery all cleared out and the crib is waiting to be put together.  It finally feels like we might be going somewhere with the room.

One of the strangest aspects of pregnancy has been how much my body has changed but how little I notice the different on a day-to-day basis. I guess the growth happens so slowly that I haven’t really noticed it… until I look at the belly shots, of course.



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news!!!! So glad to hear it. I'm glad you liked that story too. I bawled while reading it.

    I felt the same way about my bump...so weird that it's hard to notice it growing. It was shocking after delivery to suddenly have so much of it gone, though!

    ReplyDelete