Thursday, May 3, 2012

24 weeks

Well, according to Thebump.com, baby is still as big as a papaya and nothing new to report until week 25. But, according to babycenter.com,

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn’t much more than an average rutabaga, but she’s beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she’ll start to look more and more like a newborn. She’s also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you’d now be able to discern its color and texture.

How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain: almost 24 lbs! WHOA MAMA. That would equal one pound per week I’ve been pregnant.
Maternity clothes? Nothing new this week but I’m feeling comfy.

Stretch marks? I hate to say it but I think I might be getting a few very light marks. I’m strangely okay with it.
Sleep: Still sleeping great
Best moment this week: Hearing at my 24 week appointment that everything is still looking good & going smoothly! I need to hear that. I’m STILL waiting on my blood test results although the Dr. is not concerned one bit. I think I’m annoying him a bit with my worries.  Also, I had two people tell me that I’m the cutest pregnant lady ever…bless their hearts! lol

Miss Anything? Being able to eat more than a few bites without feeling sick.
Movement: More & more each day! I LOVE it! Derek got to feel her kick for the first time on Monday.
Food cravings: Poptarts! This is a terrible craving and I need to stop.  Also, scones….real healthy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I got sick last night after eating BBQ pulled pork at a restaurant. It felt worse than my first trimester morning sickness.
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, & a hefty case of swollen ankles.
Belly Button in or out? In-ish
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: HAPPY
Looking forward to: The crib will be here tomorrow! So excited to see it in the room!



The color scheme we picked for the nursery is brown, soft pinks and white


Nursery do to list:
Order Wall Decal http://www.etsy.com/listing/95690158/nursery-wall-decals-large-cherry-blossom
Canned Lighting – friend is installing
Bedding: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/penelope-nursery-bedding-pink-chocolate/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-bedding
New Closet Door - friend is installing
New Door for bedroom - friend is installing
Paint color Swing Brown by Sherwin Williams
Art work - http://www.etsy.com/listing/92984211/nursery-quad-set-of-four-8-x-10-prints?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=nursery+you+are+my+sunshine&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all
New Rug – ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Lamp – ANY SUGGESTION?

Ikea Trip:
Book Ledges - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20126065/
Picture Frames - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30078337/
Bookcase x 2 - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20135300/
Dresser - http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00067830/



Horrible picture...note to self: Don't stay out until midnight when you have to wake up at 5AM. AND I'm getting my horrible roots on Saturday...about time.

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors for the nursery!! :) Super cute! We're doing pink and avocado green. I got our lamp and rug at Target!

    I was strangely ok with my first few stretch marks too... I definitely didn't freak out as much as I thought I would!! You look beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas for the nursery...especially the wall decal!! I think they are so easy to put on and make a room look complete! You look really good!! hope you get those blood tests back soon!

    ReplyDelete