Thursday, April 26, 2012

23 Weeks

Happy 23 Weeks, Baby Amundson…still haven’t decided on her name!  Here’s what the baby is up to this week:  “Your baby is practicing her "breathing" on the amniotic fluid—sucking it in and out of her lungs.  Fat production is in overdrive at this point… Your baby will basically double in weight over the next four weeks! Her body is looking more proportional now and her facial features are fully formed.  Your baby is about 11½ inches long and weighs 1 pound, or about the length and weight of a Harry Potter book.” (Source)
Pregnancy is super scary.  And emotionally and physically hard.  This past week, I had my first few “OMG, what are we doing? What have we gotten ourselves into?” freak outs.  I cried for no good reason (unless raging hormones are a good reason).  I longed to drink a glass of wine. Then I realized that I need to enjoy my pregnancy and not stress for both the baby’s sake and my sake. Deep breathes…I need to do yoga!

How far along? 23 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 22 lbs This number scares me! I've been working out but I'm sure I could be doing better with my eating.

Maternity clothes? Wearing one in this pic...
Stretch marks? No but my belly itches like crazy
Sleep: Sleeping great... strangely not waking up to pee as much even
Best moment this week: Hearing my friend had her baby last night. We are going to the hospital to visit her tonight. She just so happens to have the same Dr. as me and delivered at the same hospital I will be having my baby girl at.

Miss Anything? DRINKING...what else is there to miss??
Movement: All the time. I feel her most in the morning and afternoon.  I think she goes to sleep at night because I don’t feel her as much around dinner time.

Food cravings: Candy is the culprit this week
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Round ligament pain, which scared me during my cycle class, I had no idea what it was & low back pain.
Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Not moody buy I've been a little sad this week. Waiting for my results is making me go crazy! I keep telling myself to stay positive and I’ve banned myself from Google…Google is evil!
Looking forward to: Staying home this weekend and working on the nursery…that’s the plan!



1 comment:

  1. You look good! Can't wait too see pictures of the nursery :)

    ReplyDelete