Sunday, April 22, 2012

22 Weeks

This post is a little behind.  What a crazy whirlwind week it’s been.  I celebrated my birthday on Friday with friends and over the weekend with my hubby.  We went away to a bed and breakfast in the woods of Snoqualmie, WA.

Want to know something crazy? At 22 weeks, a baby is almost a pound and as long as a sheet of paper.  At 22 weeks, her eyes have formed, although the irises lack pigment and therefore color. Any hair on the head is also white. The pancreas is forming. The little hands have developed bigger and stronger nerve endings, so she has a sense of touch in her fingers. He can also taste all the times that I eat in the amniotic fluid. (Source, source)

How far along? 22 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 20 lbs+ from my Dr. Appointment this week
Maternity clothes? Three new tops and one pair of comfy jeans from Motherhood.

Stretch marks? No
Sleep:
Not bad but I did not sleep well last night at the Bed and Breakfast
Best moment this week: Spending the weekend away with Derek for my bday. We don’t get very many opportunities to get away and enjoy each other’s company.
Miss Anything? Feeling in shape but I’m trying to embrace my body.

Movement:
Lots of movement! I can feel her the most when I’m sitting down, usually in the morning and afternoon at work.
Food cravings: I’m not loving food like I thought I would.  It seems like every time I eat I make myself sick. I need to  learn how to eat smaller meals.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Anything super sweet.
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes!
Gender: GIRL! This girl is going to by styling. I went a little crazy on the clothes shopping but I can’t wait to see everything I purchased.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? Still in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy!  I had the best weekend and laughed SO much with my husbad.
Looking forward to: I keep saying this, but to get started on the nursery. We need to get on it!


Hubby and I

 The Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment