Thursday, April 12, 2012

21 weeks and it's a....

Found out Tuesday, April 10th we are having a baby GIRL!! Can't even begin to describe my excitement.... We are SO happy & love knowing more about the little person that we are so excited to meet! Boys run in Derek’s family so I thought I might have a boy first... but I had a hunch all along that it was a girl. So excited to start buying headbands & nursery decor!! :)

How far along? 21 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 17 lbs+
Maternity clothes? Nothing new has been purchased but I’m thankful for all the hand me downs.

Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping great

Best moment this week: Finding out we are having a baby GIRL and the 20 week ultrasound/scan went wonderful.  We found out our little girl is in the 90TH percentile! 
Miss Anything? Cocktails of all sorts…actually liking the taste of chocolate. 
 
Movement: Baby girl moves all day long & I love it so much!! Everyone was right when they said it is the best part of pregnancy. I can’t wait for Derek to be able to feel.  We try every night but he hasn’t got to feel a solid kick yet.

Food cravings: Still loving salty foods…and  avocados.  I’ve sent Derek to the store numerous times to get me an avocado. I thought for a while that I was having a boy because I haven’t craved sweets much during my pregnancy.  The wives tales are wrong!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of eating Chiptole makes me sick.  This is sad because Chiptole used to be my favorite!
Have you started to show yet: Yes..now it makes sense why people ask me if I’m having twins, I have a baby healthy in there.
Gender: GIRL! I’ve had lots of dreams that I would see a baby girl that had blue eyes and light hair.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In for now..but it is starting to look more odd every day.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: One happy camper.
Looking forward to: Making lots of purchases and getting the nursery ready.  I read lots of blogs where the nursery is basically complete at 20 weeks and it’s making me panic a little bit.  Derek promised we would work on cleaning the room out this weekend and I’m holding him to it. 

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. I didn't even THINK about starting anything in the nursery until the 3rd trimester. You have SO much time. Don't stress about it. :)

    Congrats on your little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel much better!! I thought I was super behind. Thank you, we are so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting!! Congrats on a girl! You're looking great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the girl!! Im excited to see what name she will have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO excited for you! We're having GIRLS!! :) YAY!!!

    If it makes you feel any better, I haven't made it very far on Zoey's nursery either. I've got a crib, dresser, and glider, and I made a crib quilt and 2 pillows. We can't really get started until our roommate moves out, which will be at the end of this month... I'm SO ready to get her room finished!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete