Wednesday, April 4, 2012

20 Weeks

Baby’s digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation… baby’s genitals are now fully formed! (thebump.com)
And according to babycenter.com,
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He’s also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby’s legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the “crown to rump” measurement. After 20 weeks, he’s measured from head to toe.)
He’s swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He’s also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you’ll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

How far along? 20 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 15+ lbs gained, crazy to see that number on the scale
Maternity clothes? I finally got around to buying some new pants so I can breathe again!
Stretch marks? No

Sleep: Still sleeping great.. getting sick of midnight bathroom breaks & starting to get stiff from laying on my side
Best moment this week: Finally starting my registry at Babies R Us!! I need to add some more stuff once we finally know the gender.  http://www.toysrus.com/registry/search/index.jsp?_flowExecutionKey=_c220008D1-D2D5-A77E-F9F8-738EA50A1E1E_kAC28043E-B15E-7F85-FB38-186DAEFE67C3&overrideStore=TRUS
Miss Anything? Wine, margaritas, sangria…you catch my drift!

Movement: Baby is a mover & a shaker... and I love every minute of it!
Food cravings: Had a bit of a tantrum last night because I really wanted grilled cheese and we didn’t have the stuff to make it.  Also, I can’t wait til’ Easter which means lent is over and I can finally eat some candy...bring on the Easter Candy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes!  People love coming up and touching my belly. It really doesn't bother me like it does for some people. 
Gender: Less than one week left
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In.. although I literally jumped when I saw my belly button the other day when I was getting into the shower... that shit is SHALLOW these days.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happier than I've ever been in my entire life!!
Looking forward to: My ultrasound next week and starting the nursery and the big one... PICKING A BABY NAME!


In other baby news, I’ve had four different people ask me if I’m pregnant with twins…RUDE!  Each and every time I have a shocked look on my face and say ‘am I that big?!’.  I really need  to come up with something better to say. Also yesterday a lady at work told me I was walking funny and asked if I was pregnant.  I told her if I’m walking funny now, imagine me at 40 weeks.  She then said ‘you are due in four weeks’…..which was awkward because I then had to tell her that I still have 20 weeks to go.

3 comments:

  1. WTH??????? You are NOT big (and i'm rude and would tell you if you were), so WTF are those people thinking by saying that?! Wow. A big f*you would have come out of my mouth (or at least been yelled in my head). I truly think some people just have no concept of what a pregnant belly looks like from month to month. You look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw you are sweet, thank you!! Trust me, a big f*you was being yelled in my mind. I would love to see what these peope looked like at 5 months pregnant lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say, "No, just one for me, but when are yours due?" That'll get em!!

    You are not too big at all... you look great! To hell with them!

    ReplyDelete