Wednesday, March 28, 2012

19 Weeks

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby’s skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature (thebump.com).
Also,
Your baby’s sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don’t be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.
Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid (babycenter.com).

How far along? 19.5 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 13+ lbs gained so far (I think) ;-)
Maternity clothes? Still rocking the same clothes, I need to go shopping ASAP though. 
Stretch marks? No - let's hope the Burt’s bees cream I bought works!
Sleep: Sleep is great, especially naps on our new couch!
Best moment this week: realizing that I am almost halfway there.. BOOM! I’m really enjoying being pregnant (I say that now anyways), so I’m hoping the next half is just as great.
Miss Anything? Candy! I gave up candy for lent and I’m dying for some cinnamon bears.
Movement: so much movement this week! It’s such a trip to feel the baby moving around.  It makes me smile every time.
Food cravings: Continue to crave sweets along with Taco Time which I could literally eat for every meal.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada.
Have you started to show yet: Yup!
Gender: CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT! I had a dream it was a girl last night.  She had blue eyes and light hair.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My 20 Week ultrasound coming up!  Then I can finally get started on the nursery.
I really need to remember for Derek to take belly shots!



New Couch and recliner...I will be spending much time here soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment