Wednesday, March 21, 2012

18 Weeks

Your fetushas become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccupping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby’s finally big enough that you’ll be able to feel those movements soon (thebump.com)
Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He’s busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you’ll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they’re still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he’s born. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you’re having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound (babycenter.com).

How far along? 18 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12lbs gained – I try to stay far away from the scale these days

Maternity clothes? I really need new dress pants for work. The maternity slacks I bought 2 months ago are now feeling snug. I still fit into my maternity Seven Jeans.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still sleeping great - minus the frequent trips to the bathroom and the bizarre dreams
Best moment this week: Having a co-worker tell me that I don’t look pregnant from behind.
Miss Anything? Coke Zero! I caved on St. Patty’s day and had half a glass. Other than that, I’ve stayed away from artificial sweeteners since I found out I was pregnant.
Movement: Lots of movement! I notice it most when I’m at work after breakfast but it’s constant movement all day long. Last night it felt like the baby was dancing inside me.
Food cravings: Sweets! I never thought I would say I was craving sweets after being sick the first 12 weeks. I stopped by Whole Foods last night to pick out a special cookie. I’ve also been digging grapes.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nada.
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes, no hiding the belly now. I often wonder if strangers think I have a gut or if they know I’m pregnant.
Gender: Still up in the air. In the past week I had two people guess BOY! That was weird to hear since everyone else has guessed girl.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: My 20 week ultrasound! :) Also, Derek and I are going to co-ed baby shower this weekend for our friend. I’m excited to see all of the goods she gets….I love baby showers!

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying for a diet coke!

    And I FEEL YOU on staying away from scales. I'm trying not to compare my weight gain with other people but it's almost impossible not to. I think I've gained 40 weeks worth of weight already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel guilty for having a little but I couldn't help myself.

    Do you weigh yourself? I have to admit that I really don't, maybe once per month? You look great!

    ReplyDelete