Wednesday, March 14, 2012

17 Weeks

Here’s what Amundson is up to this week. “Your baby’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, and she’s around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.” (Source) I’ve also read that her ears are formed enough so that she can hear our voices and Roxie’s excessive barking. Get used to it, baby.

How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 10 pounds gained
Maternity clothes? Lots of maternity clothes now! I have such good friends that passed on some amazing stuff to me.  My friend gave me about 10 Pea in the Pod dresses…those go for $200+ each usually.  
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: I’ve been falling asleep on the couch around 9PM and Derek wakes me up at 1AM to go to bed…then I wake up for work at 5AM.  I think this is making me extra tired in the morning.  I need to just try to go to bed at 9PM.
Best moment this week: Feeling lots of movement every day! My sister gave me her Doppler so we get to hear the baby’s heartbeat whenever we want. 
Miss Anything? Not missing much, just enjoying being pregnant.
Movement: I feel big waves of movement (maybe somersaults?) and kicks on and off all day.. I love it!
Food cravings: Thai food, until I had it last night and it just wasn’t the same…blech
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing lately! Woohoo!
Have you started to show yet: Yes - had the first stranger ask me when my baby is due this week!
Gender: Still thinking a girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On most of the time
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move on the outside so daddy can finally feel it... Also, we bought a new couch and recliner over the weekend. Derek and I have been eying it for months and we finally took the plunge.  We need something comfortable for when the baby arrives. On Saturday we are picking up full bedroom set from my friend who is moving.  It’s a beautiful bedroom set for just $400!! I’m SO excited about having new furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment