Thursday, March 8, 2012

16 Weeks

Here’s what Baby Amundson is up to this week (source): “Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he’s about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too… He’s even started growing toenails. And there’s a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.” 

I still can't believe I'm 16 weeks! I really don't feel prepared, which is okay, I have plenty of time. The only purchase I've made was a diaper bag. My sweet mom 'bought' us our crib. I saw 'bought' because she gave me the money to buy it, which I haven't done yet. We still need to clean out our spare bedroom and do all the fun stuff to turn it into a nursery. I keep saying I will start purchasing everything once I find out the sex.

The past two weeks have been VERY stressful for me. My co-worker and good friend took another position. This means I had to learn her job over the course of one week. Now I'm holding down the fort while trying to recruit another HR Generalist. I can't do this for long, so I just hope we find someone good ASAP.

How far along?16 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 9 pounds gained – I was  SHOCKED that I’ve gained 9 pounds when I stepped on the scale.  I’ve been working out 4-5 days per week and eating well for the most part.  I guess I need to calm down on the Girl Scout cookies.
Maternity clothes? I’m still fitting into some of my regular jeans. I love my maternity jeans and slacks.  Also, a few shirts my sister bought for me. 
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleeping great, minus waking up to pee every night at 3 am.
Best moment this week: Having friends at the gym notice my belly and wanting to touch it.  I really don’t mind people touching my belly.
Miss Anything? Actually enjoying pizza…the thought of pizza still makes me sick. I gave it a shot on Tuesday night and could barely stomach a slice. I LOVED pizza pre-pregnancy.
Movement: Feeling it just a little each day!
Food cravings: Girl Scout Cookies... guessing all the sugar is contributing to my weight gain more than the growing babe in my belly... what you're not supposed to eat an entire sleeve of thin mints for dessert?
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee.. what a shame.. I can't wait to enjoy it again.
Have you started to show yet: I think I have a good bump going. I’m shocked that some people I work with have no idea I’m pregnant when I tell them.  Do they just think I’m working on a big beer belly?
Gender prediction: Girl for sure! I have had so many dreams recently having a baby girl who looks just like me when I was a baby... weird but I always wake up so happy!
Labor Signs: No (I will flip when I finally say yes to this question.. so nervous!!)
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Feeling more movement & finally being able to do some shopping!
I will post a better picture later! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment