Wednesday, February 29, 2012

15 Weeks

I'm happy to say that I FINALLY have a bump. It's not much but I had a random person at the gym notice that I'm pregnant. Derek thought that was 'rude' because what if I just had a belly and wasn't really pregnant? Well, I am and I wanted to hug this stranger for noticing. :)
For many years, doctors recommend that women just spend the entire 9 months on the couch, but now, we know that there are many benefits for mom and baby. Safe,moderate exercise improves mood/body image, helps maintain a healthy weight gain, and strengthens muscles and prepares the body for childbirth. Some studies have demonstrated a link between exercise and a lower risk for complications like gestational diabetes and preeclampsia. Furthermore, “Previous research has indicated that exercise in the first trimester, when the placenta is formed, helps forge extra blood vessels so that there is more opportunity to exchange nutrients between mom and baby” (source). And last, but certainly not least, when the mom exercises, the baby’s heart benefits, too – resulting in a lower and more efficient fetal heart rate (source).

How far along? 15 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 5 lbs (Probably more by now, we'll find out later this week!)
Maternity clothes? Sporting maternity jeans and dress slacks but I'm still working with my normal tops for now. In the last week my normal jeans went from fitting just fine to not buttoning.
Stretch marks? No - I've been slathering on the Burt's Bees 'Mama Bee' products...fingers crossed!
Sleep: Sleeping great, minus waking up to pee every night at 3 am.
Best moment this week: Cooking dinner again most nights & more baby movement!!
Miss Anything? Wine! There was been many times in the past week where I was dying for a glass. I also gave up candy for lent, so I'm missing my cinnamon bears.
Movement: Feeling it just a little each day!
Food cravings: My newest craving is Girl Scout cookies. I bought two boxes at work but I've been pretty good about only having one or two per night. In reality, I would like to eat the entire sleeve of thin mints. My sister said her biggest pregnancy craving was Girl Scout cookies when she was pregnant with my niece.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I've been doing really well in this department. Chicken is still a hit or miss. I don't like cooking it but don't mind it at a restaurant.
Have you started to show yet: More this week for sure! I can no longer hide the belly, it's out there for good now. :)
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On - I do take them off at work from time to time to give my fingers a break.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Finding out if we are having a boy or a girl!! I can't wait to start planning the nursery and buying clothes. What do you think it is?!
I will add a better picture later. This is my self-portrait before the gym last night.



3 comments:

  1. YAY! It's so fun when people start noticing that you're pregnant!

    I'm not sure about you, but I had a glass of wine or a beer probably once a week the whole 2nd trimester. By 3rd trimester it just didn't sound good anymore, but 2nd tri, delish. My midwife was fine with it. Have you asked your doc/midwife's opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I have an appt. in 2 weeks so I will be asking for sure. One glass would totally help my stress right about now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly :) All of my IRL friends were the same way (a drink or two a week after the first trimester). I'm guessing your doc will agree that it's fine.

    ReplyDelete