Tuesday, February 14, 2012

13 Weeks...or am I?

♥Happy Valentine's Day!!♥
This week has already been a little crazy. My little Valentine didn't want to be in the right position for the NT scan to get accurate results, so I got to go back today for a second shot. The ultrasound tech told me that I needed to drink 10 cups of water and eat breakfast before my 7:30am appointment. Needless to say, making a pregnant lady drink 10 cups of water an hour before her appointment is just evil. I almost puked a few times. Today, the baby was laying on its back and she got the measurements she needed. I have to wait a week to get all of results, but the fold measured 2.2 and she could see the nasal bone. She seemed very positive about what she saw.
This picture makes me very happy, I'm already SO in love! ♥
  The baby is now the size of a peach! I love peaches! : )
According to thebump.com:
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords… savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby’s tummy. (Much more convenient.)
According to babycenter.com:
Fingerprints have formed on your baby’s tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you’re having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.
 
How far along? 13weeks but today I measured 13 weeks + 6 days
Baby Size: A Peach
Total weight gain/loss: +4 Pounds

Maternity clothes? Still fitting in all my normal clothes, though I do wear maternity jeans once in a while.
Stretch marks?
No...wearing all the creams and oils that I can! But I do think they're inevitable...my skin is prone to these little buggers.
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well now thanks to the pillow between the thigh trick.

Best moment this week: Seeing the baby yesterday and today. He/she was moving was sucking its thumb and moving around so much.
Have you told family and friends:
YES! And so happy everyone knows now! :)
Miss Anything? I don't miss wine nearly as much as I thought I would. I do miss sushi though... I also miss enjoying chocolate. I haven't had dark chocolate since before I found out I was pregnant.
Movement: Little flutters which make me SO happy!

Food cravings: Carbs carbs and carbs! Mostly bagels and cream cheese. We went to the Olive Garden on Saturday night, which was amazing. I ordered something I would typically never order in a million years, the five cheese ziti. I plan on making my own version at home tonight for my love. I also am also still loving watermelon.
Anything making you queasy or sick:
It's getting better...still not super hot on veggies but the salad at the Olive Garden was delicious. Raw onions repulse me and so does meat for the most part.
Have you started to show yet: I think there's a little something coming in...I'm excited for this part!
Gender prediction: I honestly have NO idea! But can't wait to find out! Maybe I need to start a poll?? My husband's family has a lot of boys but my family has a lot of girls...it really could go either way.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In

Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I'm excited to spend Valentine's Day at home with my hubby.
Looking forward to: Looking forward to the wedding we are attending the Saturday even though I has NO idea what to wear. I'm still fitting in almost everything but I feel like I look chubby. I'm thinking black pants with flats and a flowy top.
I just love weddings, I'm sure I will cry with my crazy hormones right now.


2 comments:

  1. Oh you look great!! The second trimester is really so great...lots of fun things to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you! I'm at the point where I don't look pregnant, just extra chunky. I can't wait to actually have a bump to show off. :)

    ReplyDelete