Tuesday, February 7, 2012

12 Weeks

I am a lime! I am a lime! Yay!!! I seriously can’t believe how quick the weeks are now flying by! 

How Big is Baby?
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby’s systems are fully formed. (thebump.com)
According to Babycenter.com this is what is happening to Baby Amundson this week- The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby’s fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won’t be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.
Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby’s brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.

How far along? 12 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3.5 lbs
Maternity clothes? 2 pair of maternity jeans that I don't need to wear quite yet and some super cute maternity shirts my sister bought me.

Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still having trouble sleeping at night, I'm looking into getting a pregnancy pillow.  I've been spending a lot of time in bed relaxing at night after my workout.

Best moment this week: All of the yummy food at the two Super Bowl parties we attended but I made myself sick from overeating.
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Tuna, Coke Zero and spray tanning

Movement: Little flutters here and there
Food cravings: Watermelon, PB&J and cinnamon bears (first sweet thing I've craved)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat still...chicken, beef...you name it

Have you started to show yet: A little bump so far - I've been wearing flowy tops which hides the muffin top.  Good bye flat abs.
Gender prediction: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't do a lot of grocery shopping on the weekend because you will change your mind every 10 minutes on what sounds good.  Nothing tastes the way it used to.

Looking forward to: My Dr. appointment next Monday, 2/13

One of the shirts my sister bought me....


4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your doctor's appointment! I'm officially 13 weeks now... A peach! hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking great!! So many fun stages ahead as you enter into the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete