Monday, January 23, 2012

Pregnant to 9 week catch up

Monday afternoon, December 19th, while feeling so tired I could have fallen asleep at my desk, I decided to venture out with my co-worker to the baby store to buy a pack and play for my sister who was going to be visiting for Christmas. I wanted a natural color because I watch my nephew and I thought I could possibly use it down the road. On the way home from work I texted my sister that I had bought a pack and play. She had insisted I didn't need to buy one, but I told her I could use it for my future baby. The next text from my sister was 'are you pregnant' I just laughed and said heck no.
I was late, but I was also late the last few months. I stopped by Safeway on my way home to pick up chicken noodle soup for my poor husband who was very sick. I walked by the pregnancy test aisle and tossed one in my cart for the heck of it. When I got home I took the test and walked the dog while I waited. When I came back I was absolutely shocked when I saw TWO lines. After so many negative tests I finally got my TWO LINES! I was shaking and close to tears when I burst into our bedroom where my husband was sleeping off the flu.  I was holding the test and said “I’M PREGNANT”.  He sat up and hugged me tight and could not believe it.  I took a test each morning for the next two days.  Each of them promptly confirmed that I was knocked up. :)




2 comments: